|Air date||February 10, 1970|
|Season||Season 1 (1969-1970)|
|Sponsors||A, B, X, 4, 5|
- Guy Smiley (then named Sonny Friendly) hosts the "Pick Your Pet" game show. The contestant, Lucy Jones, is blindfolded and has to choose between a bird, a dog, and a monster (while trying to figure out what kinds of pets they are). Lucy asks them questions that would relate to a cat. Her time runs out before she can ask the Beautiful Day Monster any questions. She chooses the Beautiful Day Monster. The monster acts like a cat, so Lucy is happy with her pet.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie has a treasure map of the living room, leading to a spot marked with an X. As Bert watches, he digs up a treasure chest with a letter X inside. (First: Episode 0013)
- Pat Paulsen says the alphabet.
- Film: A group of kids play follow the leader and go over, around and through various obstacles, but one of them takes a while to catch on. (First: Episode 0001)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie shows Bert how many legs a dog has, how many legs a table has, and how many eyes a monster has, but Bert denies that the monster has four eyes. Then the four-eyed monster (Beautiful Day Monster, with two extra eyes) shows up. (First: Episode 0009)
- Cartoon: A man displays the capital and lowercase A, and explains what an alligator is...before he is eaten by one. (First: Episode 0006)
- Cartoon: "Count Up Elevator" -- An elevator operator stops at ten floors to pick up passengers, including a witch, a fireman, and a kangaroo. The tenth passenger, a mouse, causes the elevator to overload and explode. (aired twice) (First: Episode 0003)
- Ernie complains when a big letter A appears on the TV screen, so Bert turns off the set, unplugs it, and Ernie takes a bunch of A objects out of the TV, including an acorn, apricots, an apron, an ape, and finally a letter A. When Bert plugs it back in, a big letter B appears on the screen. (First: Episode 0007)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0066||Episode 0068|